The decision to purchase your first home is one of the biggest ventures you may ever make. After all, a home is the largest – and most emotional – investment most people will face in their lifetime. The key is finding the right purchase and taking the time to carefully evaluate your all of your financial options. Buying your own home is a great investment that can deliver several financial benefits – equity build up, Federal tax savings and leverage for other investments – not to mention a new sense of pride in ownership
As your buyers advocate, I can help you do the following:
- Gage your specific needs and desires as well as locate properties that fit that specific criteria
- Present properties in your budgeted price range
- Research the selected properties to help you make an informed decision prior to making an offer
- Provide a team of trusted helpers (e.g. lenders,contractors, movers, attorneys, inspectors) when and if these services are needed
- Advise you on structuring a competitive offer and present the offer to the seller’s agent and the seller on your behalf
- Negotiate on your behalf to help obtain the identified property – always keeping your best interests in mind
- Assist in securing appropriate financing
- Most importantly, fully-represent your needs throughout the real estate transaction
Tips for a Quick and Easy Search
- Decide on a budget for your new home. Generally rule of thumb is you can afford a home equal in value to between 2 and 3 times your gross income.
- Develop a list of needs followed by wants organized by priority
- Select two or three neighborhoods you’d like to live in. Please consider such items as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
- Determine if you have enough saved to cover your down payment and closing costs. Closing costs, including taxes, attorney’s fee, and transfer fees average between 3 and 8 percent of the home price.
- Get your credit in order and print a copy of your credit report. Stop any large purchases until after the purchase of a new home.
- Prepare all the documents a lender will require to preapprove you for a loan.